From Jackson Airport to The Lodge at Jackson Hole, Best Western: The Lodge at Jackson Hole is approximately 10 miles south of the Jackson Airport. Turn right when exiting airport, drive 8.7 miles through the town of Jackson. Turn right onto West Broadway for 1.1 miles, make a left onto Scott Ln.
From Salt Lake City: Jackson Hole is just over 300 miles from Salt Lake City (the closest major airport). There are three ways to get there from SLC. We recommend using the directions at JacksonHole.com (http://www.jacksonhole.com/).
Car Rentals: Thrifty 800-367-2277; National 800-227-7368; Avis 800-331-1212; Alamo 800-327-9633
Escape Adventures tours leaving from Jackson meet at the The Lodge at Jackson Hole.
- The Lodge at Jackson Hole (our meeting spot)
80 Scott Lane, Jackson, WY 83002 Toll Free 800.458.3866
- The Wyoming Inn: 800.844.0035
- Painted Buffalo Inn: 400 West Broadway · Jackson Hole, WY 83001 · Phone: 800.288.3866
Leaving your car in Jackson
Most of our meeting spots are at hotels that allow guests to leave their vehicle there while on tour. If you do not plan on being a guest at the hotel you should contact them ahead of time to find out regulations and possible fees associated with leaving your vehicle.
Other sights in the area
Visit the Weather Channel website for a seasonal chart for Jackson Hole.
** The weather in Jackson will be different from the weather during the duration the tour. Please check your itinerary for specific weather key words. **
Suggested Reading Material
- Hidden Wyoming: Including Jackson Hole and Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks by John Gottberg
- A Community of Scalawags, Renegades, Discharged Soldiers, and Predestined Stinkers?: A History of Northern Jackson Hole and Yellowstone's Influence, by Kenneth Lee Diem
- Along the Ramparts of the Tetons: The Saga of Jackson Hole, Wyoming by Robert B. Betts