Contact your favorite airline for schedules and rates to the Portland Airport.
If you have arranged an Escape Adventures shuttle from Portland to Hood River, our shuttle picks up at the Courtyard Portland Airport.
Driving… From Portland to the Best Western Hood River
Hood River is 60 miles east of Portland on Interstate 84. From the 84, take #64 (White Salmon/Government Camp). Go north, towards the Columbia River, and before crossing the river, look for the Best Western Hood River sign on your right. If you plan on leaving your car in Hood River, you may park it at the Inn. Their number is 800-828-7873
Car Rentals: Thrifty 800-367-2277; National 800-227-7368; Avis 800-331-1212; Alamo 800-327-9633; Hertz 800-654-3131
For driving directions to the Best Western Hood River from your location visit MapQuest.
Escape Adventures shuttle leaving for Hood River meet at the Courtyard Portland Airport.
- Courtyard Portland Airport 11550 NE Airport Way Portland, Oregon 97220
- Holiday Inn Convention Center, Portland Airport, (503) 256-5000, 8439 NE Columbia Blvd, Portland, OR 97220
- Travelodge Portland Airport, (503) 255-1400, 9727 NE Sandy Blvd, Portland, OR 97220
- Econo Lodge @ I-205, (503) 252-6666, 9520 N.E. Sandy Blvd., Portland, OR, US, 97220
In Hood River:
Escape Adventures trips leaving from Hood River meet at the Best Western Hood River.
- Best Western Hood River Inn (541) 386-2200 or 800-828-7873, Exit 64 On I 84, Hood River, OR 97031
- Hood River Hotel 102 Oak Avenue Hood River, Oregon 97031 Phone: 541-386-1900 Toll Free: 800-386-1859
- Meredith Gorge Motel, (541) 386-1515, 4300 Westcliff Dr, Hood River, OR 97031
Leaving your car in Portland or Hood River
Most of our meeting spots are at hotels that allow guests to leave their vehicle there while on tour. If you do not plan on being a guest at the hotel you should contact them ahead of time to find out regulations and possible fees associated with leaving your vehicle.
Other sights in the area
- Hood River Rafting
- Portland Attractions/Things to do
- Portland Museums
- Portland Wineries
- Portland Culture
Visit the Weather Channel website for a seasonal chart for Portland or Hood River.
** The weather in Portland will be different from the weather during the duration the tour. Please check your itinerary for specific weather key words. **
Suggested Reading Material
- Best Places Portland: The Locals’ Guide to the Best Restaurants, Lodgings, Sights, Shopping, and More!, by John Gottberg
- Hidden Oregon: Including Portland, the Coast, Cascades, and Columbia River Gorge, by Maria Lenhart
- Mount Hood: The Heart of Oregon, by Peter Marbech (Photographer), Janet Cook
* Escape Adventure shuttles are available from Portland to Hood River for all tours leaving from Hood River.