Fresh, Delicious Meals… In The Middle of No Where
Another way to enjoy our camp side favorites is to join Escape Adventures on a tour and experience our guides cooking for yourself! Check
out http://www.escapeadventures.com to find a mountain biking, road cycling, hiking or multi-sport tour that fits you!
Quick, easy and delicious camp cooking suggestions:
- Saute chicken in olive oil. Add fajita seasoning (1 packet), Worcestershire sauce and cumin (1 Tbs)
- Inside pan, saute onions, green peppers, large olives, fajita seasoning (1 packet) and cumin (1 TBS)
- Add large wedge tomatoes and warm tortillas(see below on how to prepare home-made tortillas) over combined mix (veggies & chicken)
- Serve with sides of sour cream, guacamole, grated cheese and salsa.
Sweet and Sour Chicken:
- Sauté chicken in olive oil and add 1 can sweet and sour sauce.
- Inside pan, stir fry green peppers, water chestnuts, white onions, bamboo shoots, pea pods and 1 can of pineapple with its juice.
- When stirred and still crispy, add another can of sweet and sour sauce.
- Combine veggies with chicken and simmer.
- Serve with cooked rice.
- Mix 5 eggs, cinnamon, vanilla and 2% milk. Coat Texas Toast with mix
- Cook in butter in a pan.
- Serve with strawberries, powdered sugar and syrup.
Caramel Cinnamon Rolls(Chelsey Janes):
- 18 Cinnamon Rolls, from a tin, you will need multiple
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- Topping:Frosting that comes with cinnamon rolls
- ⅓ cup caramel ice cream topping
- Cut each roll into 4 pieces and arrange in the bottom of a 14-inch Dutch oven lined with aluminum foil or sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and cracker crumbs.
- Sprinkle evenly over cut rolls.
- Cover with lid and bake at 350°F 25-30 minutes.
- For icing combine frosting with caramel topping. Drizzle over cinnamon rolls while still warm.
Home-made tortilla chips
- Cut a corn tortilla into 6 triangles.
- Fry in an inch of boiling vegetable oil(in your Dutch oven).
- Remove from the oil, add a little salt and lime and done!