Escape Adventures is nationally recognized as one of the leading companies providing mountain bike tours, road bike trips, family adventures, and wilderness excursions. But, did you know that Escape Adventures also takes pride in offering some of the best meals and nutrition as part of their tours? Depending on your selected trip, our guides either provide gourmet meals throughout the day, or wholesome snacks to keep your energy up.
Listed below are 2 favorite snacks that you can also try making yourself at home…
BANANA PEANUT BUTTER GRANOLA BARS
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate whey protein powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tbsp flaxseed
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup chopped dates
- 1/3 cup chopped apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- Peel bananas and drop them in a large bowl
- Add cinnamon and honey
- Using a fork, mash till you’ve reached a mushy, gooey consistency
- Add peanut butter, oats, protein powder, flaxseed, dates, apricots and almonds
- With wet hands, mix till everything is glued together and you have a thick, sticky batter
- Transfer into pan and spread evenly with fork
- Stick pan in the fridge for 45 minutes
- Cut into 1x3in bars
- Throw 2-3 in a small Ziploc bag
- Go for a ride!
QUINOA-NUTELLA ENERGY BITES
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup ground quinoa
- 1/2 cup chunky natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Optional: 1/2 cup ground coconut
- Using an electric coffee grinder or blender, grind quinoa for approx. 20 seconds until its fine.
- Mix quick oats and quinoa together in large bowl.
- Melt Nutella for approx. 10 seconds in microwave so it’s easier to mix, and add to oat and quinoa mixture.
- Add honey, peanut butter and dried cranberries to mixture (and coconut if you like)
- Now get your hands dirty! Start mixing all ingredients together till you’ve formed thick dough.
- Let mixture set by sticking the bowl in the refrigerator for about half an hour, then roll into 1 inch balls.
- Pack 6-10 bites in small Ziploc bags and refrigerate. On your next ride, store a bag in your pack next to your hydration bladder and enjoy on the trails!
Do you have some of your own favorite snack recipes? We would love to hear what they are…