According to a report by the Adventure Travel Trade Association, adventure travel is expected to recover about three to four years faster than mass travel – and grow more rapidly. In fact, tourism ministers and secretaries around the world have identified adventure and nature travel as leading segments in the travel industry’s restart. Another major trend to keep an eye on post-pandemic is greener and lower-impact itineraries.
Here are nine awesome adventure travel ideas for 2022.
- Ecuadorian Amazon Adventure: Sacha Lodge, an ecolodge set on a 5,000-acre ecological reserve in the heart of Ecuador’s Amazon Basin, is a haven for nature lovers, birdwatchers, scientists and adventure seekers. It features luxury accommodations, first-class meals, and expert native guides. Step into the heart of the animal and bird kingdom, home to eight species of monkeys, 50 species of bats, anteaters, three-toed sloths, ocelots, and birds of more colours than you could ever imagine. https://www.sachalodge.com/
- MTB Hut System in Southern Utah: The new Aquarius Trail Hut System offers a backcountry mountain biking experience like no other in the region. A system of five huts furnished with beds, a bathroom, a fully stocked kitchen, and solar power has been strategically placed along a 190-mile route through some of Utah’s most scenic backcountry and best mountain biking trails. https://aquariustrail.com/
- Galapagos Glamping: Scalesia Galapagos Lodge is situated in the highlands of Isabela Island on the slopes of a volcano, about 20 minutes from the town of Puerto Villamil. The modern, luxurious, safari-style tent resort is in the middle of a magical forest with a spectacular view of the coast of Isabela Island, the Pacific Ocean, and other islands of the Galapagos archipelago dotting the horizon. http://www.scalesialodge.com/
- Tiny House Basecamp: With sustainably built, LEED-certified “tiny house” cabins, Fireside Resort in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, embraces modern, yet rustic design and presents a fresh approach to luxury lodging. Nestled in a wooded setting at the foot of the Teton Range, the cabins allow guests to get back to nature while enjoying the intimacy of a boutique hotel and the ambience of their own cozy residence. https://www.firesidejacksonhole.com/
- Cycle Across the USA: Plan an epic bike tour or bike packing trip of your own with the assistance of the Adventure Cycling Association. To help riders find their way, the organization offers maps for 50,000 miles of bike routes through the U.S. and into Canada, the Bicycle Route Navigator app and other resources. Cross the country on the TransAmerica Trail, ride the Rockies on the Great Divide Mountain Bike Route or try a shorter adventure in between. https://www.adventurecycling.org/
- Yellowstone Adventure: A stay at The Wilson Hotel in Big Sky, Montana, offers the opportunity for outdoor adventures in the surrounding mountains, rivers and Yellowstone National Park. Go hiking through shaded forests and wildflower-filled alpine meadows, float or fly fish a clear, cool river, experience the adrenaline rush of lift-served mountain biking, or tour the natural wonders and wildlife of the world’s first national park. https://thewilsonhotel.com/
- Sardinia Chef Tour: Tourissimo and SHS in Sardinia are thrilled to present a NEW project: a 7-day “Blue Zone” culinary cycling tour of Sardinia hosted by celebrated Chef Mary Sue Milliken. Guests will experience the culinary specialties of both the coast and the mountains and discover the cultural roots of the island while cycling some of its most scenic and traffic-free roads. Chef Milliken will play an important role in helping guests understand and experience the local cuisine and culinary techniques that tell the story of the territory. https://www.tourissimo.travel/chef-tours/sardinia
- Bike Across Europe: Ride & Seek Adventures, the adventure travel company known for its Hannibal Expedition cycling tour from Barcelona to Rome, is thrilled to announce an even more audacious excursion taking riders on a 36-day, 3,693 km “Bike Across Europe” tour from Paris, France to Tallinn, Estonia. The epic adventure crosses eight countries and two continents following in the footsteps of Napoleon’s Grande Armée. https://www.rideandseek.com/tour/napoleon-paris-to-saint-petersburg/
- Madagascar Wildlife + Rainforest Adventure: Experience extraordinary landscapes and incredible biodiversity on a new 15-day Madagascar Wildlife & Rainforest Expedition from Adventure Life. Visit the hillside capital of Antananarivo, Morondava and its famous baobab trees, the white-sand beaches of Sainte Marie, the port city of Tamatave, and national parks and reserves filled with unique natural wonders and endemic wildlife while staying in upmarket hotels, beachside resorts and forest lodges. The 15-day tour, one of several new tours in Madagascar from Adventure Life, is available starting at $4,707 per person based on double occupancy. https://www.adventure-life.com/madagascar/tours/16437/madagascar-wildlife-rainforest-expedition
To book any of these fantastic getaways contact your preferred Travel Professional.
Edited by: Matthew Thomas