Original Article Posted on July 9th by Snap Taste: https://www.snaptaste.com/great-outdoor-family-adventures-for-summer/
Starting July 13, there will be a family friendly 5-day camping and mountain bike offered from Escapes Adventures. The tour includes riding single track to Monument Point, hiking into the canyon on backcountry trails, pedaling across Kaibab Plataeu and Rainbow Rim trail, and descending to Indian Hollow. The tour is available until October 4th, 2020.
Most campgrounds selected by Escape Adventures have indoor facilities and showers. In remote camping area, portable toilets and private solar showers are provided.
All internal land expenses and services are covered in the cost of this tour. All transportation, food preparation, meals (except where noted on itineraries), snacks, non-alcoholic beverages, group supplies and community gear (portable chairs, large awnings, coolers, utensils, etc.) are included. Backcountry permits, licenses, park fees, reservations, and accommodations are also included, along with at least two professionally trained trip leaders, a mobile first aid and mechanic station, spare bikes, and a support vehicle(s).
Day 1-2: Meet in St. George. Shuttle to Kaibab Lodge then ride singletrack to alpine East Rim camp for two nights. Ride to Monument Point, short hike into the Grand Canyon on backcountry hiking trail.
Day 3-4: Ride across Kaibab Plateau to backcountry camp on the Rim for two nights. Ride the Rainbow Rim singletrack.
Day 5: Descend to Indian Hollow on the west side of the Plateau to spectacular vista. Shuttle back to St. George.
Fitness Level: 1-3, Technical Level: 1-2, Elevation Range: 6,000 – 9,000 ft.
Departure: St. George, UT
Trip price does not include airfare, lodging prior to trip start or bicycle rental and/or camping gear unless otherwise noted on itinerary or website. Prices for this adventure start at $1,195 per person and multiple departures are available July 13th through October 4th, 2020. For more info, call 800.596.2953 or visit https://escapeadventures.com/tour/grand-canyon-north-rim-mountain-bike-tour/.
There are also other bike tours offered from Escape Adventures such as Santa Barbara, Big Sur, Napa Valley, Oregon Coast, Idaho, Las Vegas, Portland, Washington, Wyoming, Montana, Florida, Maui, Arizona, and Arkansas. Here are a few of them:
Napa Valley (For this tour ebike is available)
- Day 1-2: Meet in Santa Rosa and cycle through Napa Valley Park. The following day mount up to Healdsburg.
- Day 3-4: Biking alongside the Russian River into northern Sonoma County. Ride along Lake Sonoma and head up Rock Creek Road. On the fourth day, you will cycle on the West Side Road to Guerneville.
- Day 5-6: Farm to table cuisine at Bodega Bay with locally caught seafood. Visit “Birds” house, and tour in Freestone, a 19th century stone quarry and logging town. Shuttle back to Santa Rosa.
Wyoming : Gran Tetons & Yellowstone multi-sport mountain bike tour. Duration: 6 Days
This tour includes rafting, rock-climbing, hiking and biking.
- Day 1: Meet in Jackson and ride within Grand Teton National Park with scenic tour of Yellowstone National Park.
- Day 2: Jackson Hole 14-Man White Water Raft Snake River.
- Day 3: Shadow Mountain and Teton National Park.
- Day 4: Rock climbing and hiking tetons. Ferry ride across Jenny Lake and hike up Cascade Canyon.
- Day 5: Hike Yellowstone.
- Day 6: Munger Mountain
Please visit the tour link to view more detail.