Upgrade your grilled cheese game with this apple bacon grilled cheese sandwich! Stuffed with white cheddar, sweet seasonal apples, and crispy bacon, this is the quick and easy lunch idea you’ve been waiting for.
Making grilled cheese is usually a cinch at home, but they can be a bit of a challenge to make outside when it’s cold. Depending on the temperature, it can be difficult to get the butter to an appropriate semi-soft state to spread across a slice of bread. We’ve torn up a lot of bread trying to make rockhard cold butter work. So for this recipe, we decided to do anyway with the butter entirely.
By frying a few strips of bacon in the pan beforehand, not only do we get to add bacon to the sandwich, but we also get bacon fat with which to fry our bread in. If you haven’t tried bacon fried toast before, you’re in for a treat!
So if you’re looking for a warm lunch idea to make this year, give this Apple Bacon Grilled Cheese a try!
- 4 slices bread
- 2 slices bacon, cut in half
- 4 oz. sharp white cheddar cheese, sliced
- ½ apple, thinly sliced
- Honey Dijon Kettle Brand Chips
- Set a skillet over medium-low heat and add the bacon. Cook, flipping as needed until some of the fat has rendered out and the bacon is cooked to your liking. Remove and place on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Increase the heat to medium and add two slices of bread. On each slice of bread, layer half the cheese, apples, and bacon, and then top with the second slices of bread.
- Cook until the bottom of the sandwich is golden brown and the cheese begins to melt, then flip to cook the other side.