This Cashew Chicken Salad Wrap is a quick and easy bikepacking lunch idea that will fill you up and get you back out on the trail in no time.
When we’re out hiking or biking, lunch is often a pretty quick affair. We rarely want to dig into our packs, break out the stove and cookware, and cook a warm meal for ourselves (much less clean dishes afterward!).
Instead, we find ourselves drawn to bikepacking meal ideas that are “assembled” rather than “cooked.”
And for us, this Cashew Chicken Salad Wrap hits just the right spot!
All it takes is a few minutes to prepare this meal. So, if you’re struggling to come up with ideas for an outdoor adventure lunch, this is a great one to try.
Making this wrap really could not be easier. Simply mix the chicken (drained, if using pouch chicken) with the mayo, honey, Sriracha, and cilantro, then spoon the chicken salad into the wrap. Roll it up burrito style and lunch is ready!
If you’re making this for a day trip or for a camping lunch and you don’t have to rely on shelf-stable food as you would on a bikepacking trip, the chicken salad can be prepared at home and stored in a small Tupperware. Pack the wraps separately so they don’t get soggy during your excursion.
- 1 7oz packet cooked chicken
- 2 tortillas or wraps
- ½ cup chopped cashews
- 2 mayo packets, about 2 tablespoons
- 2 honey packets, about 2 tablespoons
- 1-2 Sriracha packets
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- At home, place the cashews, honey, mayo, Sriracha packets, cilantro, and salt into a bag. Pack this bag along with the chicken pouch and the cashews.
- In camp, drain the chicken if needed. Add the cashews, honey, mayo, Sriracha, cilantro, and salt to the chicken and stir to combine. Spoon the chicken mixture into the tortillas. Roll them up burrito style and enjoy!