Cashew Chicken Salad Wrap Ingredients
Pre-Cooked Chicken: You can use chopped home-cooked chicken breast (stored in a small tupperware) if you’re taking this wrap on a day hike, or bring along a pouch of chicken if you’re planning this as a backpacking meal.
Cashews: Chopped roasted cashews give this wrap a wonderful crunch, so don’t skip them! Trader Joe’s always has great prices on nuts, or you can pick them up in the bulk section of your grocery store.
Honey: Adding a little sweetness to balance the spice, a packet or two of honey really rounds out this chicken salad.
Cilantro: For backpacking, opt for dried cilantro. If you’re bringing this on a day hike, you can mix some freshly chopped cilantro with the chicken for better flavor.
Wraps: Any wrap or flour tortilla will do!
How to Make Cashew Chicken Salad Wraps
Making this wrap really could not be easier. Simply mix the chicken (drained, if using pouch chicken) with the mayo, honey, Sriracha, and cilantro, then spoon the chicken salad into the wrap. Roll it up burrito style and lunch is ready!
If you’re making this for a day hike, or bike ride, and you don’t have to rely on shelf-stable food as you would on a backpacking trip, the chicken salad can be prepared at home and stored in a small Tupperware. Pack the wraps separately so they don’t get soggy during your outdoor adventure.
- 1 7oz packet cooked chicken
- 2 tortillas or wraps
- ½ cup chopped cashews
- 2 mayo packets, about 2 tablespoons
- 2 honey packets, about 2 tablespoons
- 1-2 Sriracha packets
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- At home, place the cashews, honey, mayo, Sriracha packets, cilantro, and salt into a bag. Pack this bag along with the chicken pouch and the cashews.
- In camp, drain the chicken if needed. Add the cashews, honey, mayo, Sriracha, cilantro, and salt to the chicken and stir to combine. Spoon the chicken mixture into the tortillas. Roll them up burrito style and enjoy!