At Escape Adventures, we are always on the lookout for tasty snack ideas that would work well on bike tours, day outings, or camping trips. This trail mix comes together pretty easily and gives you a nice blend of both sweet and spicy.
First things first: preheat your oven to 300F.
In a large mixing bowl, stir the Sriracha, honey, and oil together (1). Add the peanuts, cashews, Chex, and pretzels and gently stir until evenly coated (2).
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat and then evenly spread the trail mix onto the sheet (3). Bake for 18 minutes or until the trail mix is dry and golden brown (4). Like all of the other trail mix recipes out there, feel free to get creative and add your own ingredients.
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup peanuts
- 1 cup corn Chex cereal
- 1 cup pretzels
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- 1 teaspoon liquid aminos, or soy sauce
- Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 300.
2. Add the Sriracha, honey, oil, and liquid aminos/soy sauce to a medium bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the Chex, pretzels, cashews, and peanuts to the bowl, and mix well to completely coat with the Sriracha-honey sauce.
3. Spread mix onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.
4. Bake for about 18 minutes (check after 15 to make sure the mix isn’t burning – ovens may vary), then remove from the oven to cool.
5. Once cool, portion into zip-top bags.
To make this gluten-free: Use gluten-free pretzels and liquid aminos instead of soy sauce.
Nutrition (Per Serving)
Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 13g
*Nutrition is an estimate based on information provided by a third-party nutrition calculator