If you’re looking for the perfect portable camping snack this summer, look no further than these vegan S’mores Bars!
This vegan s’mores bar recipe is a great hiking snack. Using vegan marshmallows & graham crackers, dark chocolate, oats, and dates, these granola bars are a high-energy snack that will keep you fueled on (or off!) the trail.
- 6 dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup crushed vegan graham crackers, about 10 sheets
- ½ cup mini vegan marshmallows
- 1.5 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp coconut oil or Earth Balance butter, (optional if greasing pan)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place the dates, water, maple syrup, chia seeds, and salt into the bowl of your food processor. Let it all soak for 5 minutes, then process until fairly smooth (it’s OK to have some pieces of dates remaining, but you don’t want any big chunks).
- Toast oats over medium heat in a heavy bottomed skillet until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Stir frequently to ensure even toasting and prevent them from burning.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the oats, graham crackers, marshmallows, dark chocolate and the date mixture. Mix well with a spoon until all the dry ingredients are completely covered in the date mixture.
- Line a 8.5″ x 4.5″ loaf pan with parchment paper, or grease the pan with coconut oil or Earth Balance butter. Spread the mixture evenly into the pan, then press down on it to really compact it (I used the bottom of a glass for this).
- Bake for 20 minutes. Cool completely, then remove from the pan and cut into 6 bars.
- To make these portable, wrap them in parchment paper, plastic wrap, or small ziplocks, then throw them in your pack and go!