This Sweet & Spicy Cashew Chicken Salad Wrap is a quick and easy backpacking lunch idea that will fill you up and get you back out on the trail in no time.
All it takes is a few minutes to prepare this meal (and the cleanup is even faster!).
So, if you’re struggling to come up with ideas for a backpacking lunch, this is a great one to try.
Making this wrap really could not be easier. Simply mix the chicken (drained, if using pouch chicken) with the mayo, honey, Sriracha, and cilantro, then spoon the chicken salad into the wrap. Roll it up burrito style and lunch is ready!
If you’re making this for a day hike or for a camping lunch and you don’t have to rely on shelf-stable food as you would on a backpacking trip, the chicken salad can be prepared at home and stored in a small Tupperware. Pack the wraps separately so they don’t get soggy during your hike.
- 1 7oz packet cooked chicken
- 2 tortillas or wraps
- ½ cup chopped cashews
- 2 mayo packets, about 2 tablespoons
- 2 honey packets, about 2 tablespoons
- 1-2 Sriracha packets
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- At home, place the cashews, honey, mayo, Sriracha packets, cilantro, and salt into a bag. Pack this bag along with the chicken pouch and the cashews.
- In camp, drain the chicken if needed. Add the cashews, honey, mayo, Sriracha, cilantro, and salt to the chicken and stir to combine. Spoon the chicken mixture into the tortillas. Roll them up burrito style and enjoy!