Escape Adventures’ Jen Becker shares a new recipe that she and her family are trying at home this week. We hope you enjoy:
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 Tablespoon canola oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
OR use a box pancake batter (we like Bisquick)
½ cup butter, melted
¾ cup packed brown sugar
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
Cream Cheese Glaze
4 Tablespoons butter
2 ounces cream cheese
1¼ cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Prepare Cinnamon Filling first: In a medium bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Scoop the filling into a small zip baggie and set aside. Let it set at least 20 minutes – you want it thick, not runny.
2. Prepare Pancake batter: In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk in milk, oil and egg just until batter is moistened. (a few small lumps are fine) If using a boxed mix, prepare according to package directions.
3. Prepare Cream Cheese glaze: In a medium glass or microwave-safe bowl, heat the butter and cream cheese until melted. Whisk together until smooth, then whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla. Set aside.
4. Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-low heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Scoop about ½ cup of pancake batter onto the skillet. Snip the corner of your cinnamon filling baggie and squeeze a spiral of the filling onto the top of the pancake. When bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip with a spatula and cook until lightly browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more.
5. Spoon warmed cream cheese glaze on top of each pancake. Enjoy!